Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Giddy up Reno!


My sister also knew someone who had some horses we could ride on the ranch with her, so we saddled up and headed out for a beautiful day on horseback. I was riding Reno, who was very well behaved and tolerated my rusty riding skills. I tried to remember the last time I had actually ridden a horse, and I think it was probably in Ontario when I was in university and I had taken my daughter and her father camping and we signed up for a trail ride. He had never been on a horse before. It was hilarious. I had ridden often as a teenager, but very little from there on. The last thing I rode was a camel in Australia with my sister. I had already gone twice before,  once with my daughter, and once with friends. 

The ranch had lots of places to take the horses for a ride, through mud, snow, and new grass coming up. My sister was a little rustler on her riding skills and had a bit of an ornery horse and a twisted strap that bothered the horse until we discovered the issue. The strap when twisted gave the horse mixed signals about what to do as it was only on one side. So my sister went around in circles...kind of like paddling a canoe  on one side only. 

The weather was gorgeous, and the mountains around us were so stunning. I felt very lucky that day. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on my posts - lets me know someone is actually reading!