Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Finding Time

Well, I have been off work for a week now, and it’s been fairly busy one, and yet when I have down time, I have a really hard time relaxing and sitting still. My nervous system is all abuzz and struggling to calm the fuck down. So I went to a yoga class today for Trauma Healing, so focused on breathing, mindfulness, and meditation. My back rebelled against some poses, but she gave me helpful instruction for at home to limber my back up before the next class. Interestingly enough, she used to be a social worker and gave it all up, just as I am about to do. We chatted about that as well. I think this is going to work for me, even though I felt like a big polar bear trying to reach some of the poses. I couldn’t see her while I was attempting them, so it was hard to tell if i was doing them right nor not. It is so handy to me, just a five minute walk from where I park. She also knew the yoga instructors who adopted Stormy in 2011 before I moved to Australia. Their apartment/yoga studio was just across the street from where this one is.

It isn’t that I don’t have things to do, as I do, but it is hard to find the motivation and energy to do much right now, especially when it’s pissing rain and chilly out. I think I will gain energy as the sun gains ground, inching us closer to summer. The leavers are coming out on the trees as are the cherry blossoms, so spring has definitely arrived. The only place in the whole country that sees spring i early February. It’s why I’m here. People try to convince me to move back east, or to Ontario - um, no, I really HATE winter and SNOW so no thanks.40+ years of winter was enough. 

I don’t want to just sit around all day and watch Netflix so I bought a day planner to keep track of my activities nd try to build some things in to look forward to and add a little structure, like the yoga class. It also helps me keep track of the days of the week. It was interesting - my usual Sunday dared began to settle in then I remembered - I do not have to go to work on Monday....and I had to convince myself that it was okay. I need this time off, and I need to take as much time as I need to feel right again. I will stick around here for the next couple of months, but then I am really looking forward to leaving the island to spend time with family. 

This weekend I am going camping in Port Renfrew this coming weekend, which will be nice. Fires on the black, hiking the local trails, and just enjoying Mother Nature. She revives me. 

Stil mourning Tom Petty and watching videos, interviews, live performances, etc every single day. I just cannot get enough. I miss you Tom Petty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on my posts - lets me know someone is actually reading!