Tuesday, November 24, 2015

West Coast Sunshine

This post is from November 15, 2015. 
The cold rains have settled in most days here in Victoria. Today is bright and sunny (for the moment anyhow) so Nash and I have taken off for the beach at Clover Point. I open all the curtains and drink in the ocean views on all sides. Nash loves looking out all the windows and today someone parked near us and took out some bread, so immediately, before she even had the bag open, more than 100 birds flocked to the space beside the RV. Some of them fly within inches of the tableside window. 

I'm happy to see he enjoys the scene as much as I do. I brought my cousin here yesterday and we saw some seals fishing nearby, swimming fast and breaching the water regularly. Awesome. I love you dear Mother Nature for providing me with such natural beauty to enjoy. 

I have to work later today at 4:45pm  for 4 hours. All of my shifts are 4 hours long, which suits me well enough. I had a job interview this past week at an organization that works with sex trade workers. It too is a 4 hour shift, which I have to say, really has been working for me. I should hear from the job interview in the coming week. It's only casual on-call so I hope I at least get on their list. It's more money than my current job and a way to test out the waters for social work jobs. I never know how I do on a job interview and I have to say most have been over the phone or video, with just a handful in person, well, two actually that were social work jobs, including this one. It was different to be sitting in front of a panel of workers that sat on three sides of the table, which I found to be rather intimidating.  So who knows. In the meantime I will keep applying for part-time jobs that interest me as the current job has only 6 weeks to go. 

Nash continues to grow like a weed. He is going to be a big kitty I reckon. he is only 4.5 months old and look how big he is...wow. And such an awesome kitty at that, so good with the kids, friendly with everyone, and cuddly with me, loves to play. What more could I ask for? 

So I think I will snuggle seaside with the kitten and read the afternoon away until it's time to head off to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on my posts - lets me know someone is actually reading!