Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Hey man, I met Tommy Chong


Okay, so I met Tommy Chong. I was downtown in Victoria with my friend Lilli and her kids, Dahlia and Karma. We were at the Royal BC Museum to see the Mayan Exhibit. We had seen this couple earlier in the museum, and I didn't look too closely but I remember thinking that the woman was quite high fashion styled, not like the rest of us shuffling around in our sweaters/ponchos/raincoats, and Blundstones. This gal was very glamorous, high fashion boots, gorgeous dress and fur trimmed coat (I think it was synthetic fur) and so on. She looked younger than she actually was.

We were then taking a break in the cafe at the museum when they couple came in and sat down at the next table. My friend said to me "I think that's Tommy Chung" and so I looked directly at him and he started grinning and so did I. He saw me and I asked if I could come over and he said yeah, sure. So off I went to shake Tommy Chung's hand. It was a genuine handshake too. He asked my name and I told him so he called me a hippy, ha ha. Tommy Chong called me a hippy. How friggin cool is that? Then I introduced my friend Lilli and her two kids and called them hippies too, which we all giggled about because we are hippies. I am part gypsy, part hippy. I told him I read his book and rather enjoyed it. He seemed happy that someone read his book. We chatted for a moment then I asked if I could get a photo and he said yes but a bit later. So I went back to my table. His missus came back with their coffees and they went outside. 

We wrapped up our lunch snacks and headed outside as well and since we were done with our tour of the museum, we were ready to go but I really wanted my photo with Tommy! So I saw him sitting on a bench down from the museum, so I reckon they may have been vaping one thing or the other...so we went down that way to see the totem pole that was currently under repair. Within a minute or two Tommy called us over so off I ran! We chatted some more and he asked me where I lived and I told him in my RV, and a little about the Gypsy Wagon. We took a bunch of photos with Tommy, and I was so star struck I didn't get enough, and I didn't say anything cool or have a joint to smoke with him, ha ha. 

Whatever! I met Tommy Chong! And he knows my name. He was in town to do a show with Cheech Marin at one of the small theatres in the city. He couldn't remember which one. I should have asked for tickets, but I was a bit star struck and totally blanked on it. His missus who looked so much younger was actually his wife who is in her early 70s. Tommy is 80. Holy Smokes!

Thank-you Tommy for taking time for me. I love you, man. Now I want to listen to Dave's Not Here!

Dave's Not Here


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on my posts - lets me know someone is actually reading!