Saturday, July 7, 2018

Busy Summer















Nash and I arrived back in Victoria in mid June and spent a few days in the city connecting with friends, meeting with my psychologist for the first time, getting a massage, nails done, and then took off to Salt Spring Ialand for the weekend with a friend. We stayed at my friend's house who was holding a Summer Solstice/Birthday/Houewarming weekend. The event was lovely as were all the new folks I met and the brilliant musicians that brought their taken to the fireside of the back yard. Wonderful! My co-camper though struggled with the basic rules for co-camping - please do not let the cat out and please do not cover yourself in the fur of other cats or Nash will go after you. She failed on both counts, which caused me great anxiety, and got us both scratched up. So I cannot have her co-camp with me again. She is a good friend but high maintenance and struggled to follow my direction. 





From Salt Spring I then went camping with a few friends not far out of town at Goldstream Provincial Park. It was nice to be in the woods again and the first night was pretty good, however by mid day the next day I was struggling to be around anyone at that point and the barbs from one certain friend were just really hurting and then new campers showed up at the site next to us and started a very loud generator and left the site...I had enough and went in the RV for the rest of the night and cried with frustration. I left without saying much the next morning. I will not go camping with said barb wire friend again. Too much exposure. I can barely handle a short evening gathering, let alone camping at the same site for two days and nights. 







I've been in town since then, some nights parked at a friend's house while other nights I've been in the parking lot. Nash and I went to one of our favourite places yesterday, the Esquimalt Lagoon. It was a lovely breezy day so I flung open all the windows and cleaned the RV from top to bottom, weeded out some stuff I don't need, organized my summer clothing and so on. We also hung out for an afternoon with a friend at Clover Point - another of our favorite beaches. 








My daughter and her partner are in their last two weeks of work before moving to Salt Spring Island. I'm so excited for them! I can't wait to go and visit them and see the farm, meet his parents and see just what they have gotten into! She is so happy right now and bought her first farmer girl plaid shirt as pictured below with Cruella Devilled Egg. 



They have also purchased a school bus to move their household with and then convert it to a chicken barn to begin acquiring laying hens right away. I think it would make a great tiny house though or crash pad. Either way, it's pretty cool to own a school bus I reckon!



I heard some bad news today - the dog I have been dogsitting for the past year and a half died a few weeks ago after having a twisted stomach and unable to undergo surgery because of his age. Nash and Memphis were fast friends and we will miss him. I am still house sitting there, but no more doggie walks on the Galloping Goose Trail. RIP Memphis. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on my posts - lets me know someone is actually reading!